Electrical Design Engineers
The Alchemy Automation Group was setup as part of a merger between Contron Limited and Horizon Instruments Limited. This has enabled us to provide best in class special purpose machines and factory automation systems. Each employee works under our combined Integrated Management System (IMS) which is certified to both ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015 standards. This provides a benefit to both staff and customers who can be reassured that our working practices meet global standard which are reviewed by independent assessors every year.
Our staff enjoy benefits of 24 days holiday per annum plus all bank holidays. We run flextime contracts where additional hours can earn time off in lieu or paid overtime, and for the aspects of a role which can be performed away from the factory we support employees in hybrid working.
You will design control panels and electrical system for our special purpose machines and control systems.
- Proven knowledge of design principles, standards, and regulations.
- Use of computer packages (ePlan, AutoCAD Electrical, Excel).
- Liaise with the Technical Director (Controls) at all stages of the design, build and test of a system.
- Assist in the project planning process.
- Assist in the writing of Specification documents for a system, when required.
- Taking part in Design Review Meetings, as required.
- Liaise with all other Engineers working on the project, as required.
- Carry out the design of an electrical control system in compliance with the specification.
- Ensure systems are designed to comply with the latest statutory requirements.
- Preparation of all associated electrical drawings and wiring information for a project.
- Advise the Production Manager of any foreseen delays in meeting the estimated completion dates.
- Assist in the testing of completed systems, when required, and ensuring that testing is documented in accordance with the requirements of the company.
- Assist in the generation of Safety Risk Assessments, EMC/LVD Assessments and the Earth Continuity documentation, when required.
- Working within the IMS.
Additional Senior Duties
- The checking of colleagues’ work when necessary, when they have carried out electrical design and electrical assembly duties.
- Commit to the training of employees in the areas for which you have responsibility.