Mechanical Design Engineers
The Alchemy Automation Group was setup as part of a merger between Contron Limited and Horizon Instruments Limited. This has enabled us to provide best in class special purpose machines and factory automation systems. Each employee works under our combined Integrated Management System (IMS) which is certified to both ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015 standards. This provides a benefit to both staff and customers who can be reassured that our working practices meet global standard which are reviewed by independent assessors every year.
Our staff enjoy benefits of 24 days holiday per annum plus all bank holidays. We run flextime contracts where additional hours can earn time off in lieu or paid overtime, and for the aspects of a role which can be performed away from the factory we support employees in hybrid working.
You will work from Functional Design Specifications and from design meetings with customers to create automation assemblies which meet the customers’ requirements. In the more senior roles, there is an expectation and requirement for you to mentor and support the more junior members of the team.
As part of our design team, you will design special purpose machines and automation systems, and depending upon your experience, skills and role, you will receive guidance from, or will provide guidance to, other members of the team. Our team collaboration ensures the passage of knowledge and skills flows through the company.
- Proven knowledge of design principles, standards, and regulations.
- Imaginative, problem solver.
- Experience in designing with SOLIDWORKS.
- Responsible for the mechanical aspects of design.
- Implementing design schemes specified for the project.
- Input into the specification documents as required.
- Production of general assemblies.
- Assist with the content of other project documentation as required.
- Production of parts drawings.
- Gathering and documenting data for design studies by means of research & experimentation.
- Performing and documenting design calculations.
- Taking part in design review meetings, as required, to review ideas and schemes from other engineers including checking of GAs and parts drawings.
- Working within the IMS.
Additional Senior Duties
- The checking of colleagues’ work when necessary, when they have carried out mechanical design and mechanical assembly duties.
- Commit to the training of employees in the areas for which you have responsibility.