The Alchemy Automation Group was setup as part of a merger between Contron Limited and Horizon Instruments Limited. This has enabled us to provide best in class special purpose machines and factory automation systems. Each employee works under our combined Integrated Management System (IMS) which is certified to both ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015 standards. This provides a benefit to both staff and customers who can be reassured that our working practices meet global standard which are reviewed by independent assessors every year.
Our staff enjoy benefits of 24 days holiday per annum plus all bank holidays. We run flextime contracts where additional hours can earn time off in lieu or paid overtime, and for the aspects of a role which can be performed away from the factory we support employees in hybrid working.
You will design control systems for a variety of special purpose machines and systems that are designed and created by our engineers. Our Controls Engineers will be expected to design create the software for the required projects in lisison with the project's other engineers.
- Liaise with the Senior Projects Engineer (Controls) at all stages of the design, build and test of a system.
- Assist in project planning process.
- Assist in writing the Specification documents for a system when required.
- Taking Part in Design Review as required.
- Liaise with the Projects Engineers (Controls) on a project and the incorporation of relevant mechanical, electrical, robotic and vision inputs into the Software design.
- Design of control system in compliance with applicable project, quality and statutory requirements.
- Preparation of all PLC, HMI and associated software/documentation for the project.
- Travel and Commission project on client’s site when required. (Wide UK travel)
- Advise the Production Manager of any foreseen delays with the software design and commissioning of the system.
- Working within the IMS.
Additional Senior Duties
- The checking of colleagues’ work when necessary, when they have carried out software design and system testing duties.
- Commit to the training of employees in the areas for which you have responsibility.