Horizon Instruments is a privately owned company, founded in 1984. We have many years experience in designing and building integrated automated solutions for medical diagnostics, healthcare, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
Although the individual applications of our customers vary greatly, their need for good quality, highly reliable and validatable systems is the same. Our multi-disciplined design team work to produce the best solution in each case.
Our range of services includes consultancy work, feasibility studies, production of test jigs through to the complete design, build, test, installation and commissioning of our automated systems.
By applying our scientific and engineering experience to the field of diagnostic test kit production, we have developed a range of skills ideally suited to the market sector.
Through automating processes, we have developed techniques for controlled substrate drying and laminating. Additionally, we have considerable experience in robotics technology, well-plate format equipment and conveyor feed systems. Our automation processes often include proven QC methods to check product consistency and production efficiencies.
The wide range of projects undertaken drives our learning and provides us with an ever growing expertise in current and future technologies. Horizon Instruments skills base include but are not limited to:
- Strong Project Management
- Both 2D and 3D Mechanical Design
- Electrical Control and Electronics Design
- PLC and PC Software Design - including provision for 21CFR11
- In-house design, manufacturing, assembly and testing
- Comprehensive supporting documentation
- Validation support (where required) including Installation Qualification (IQ), Operational Qualification (OQ), Performance Qualification (PQ) along with documentation in support of GAMP 5 software validation
- All systems are CE compliant with supporting information being maintained
- Full technical and spares support for systems in the field